Sunday 2 December 2012

Birthdays

On Wednesday I left my lovely lovely GP job. I loved working as a GP, and getting to look at cute babies a couple of times a day. Plus the nice old people who came back time and time again, mainly I think to tell me how young I look! I must have heard that one about "you know you're old when policemen and doctors look so young..." about 50 times over the past 4 months. I'm not that young looking, but I guess when you're 80 everyone under the age of 40 looks pretty youthful.

The lovely reception ladies bought me some flowers and a good luck card for my new job - sadly A&E over Christmas - so as a goodbye present for them, I made some chocolate eclairs.


I promise they tasted better than they looked! The best thing about eclairs is getting to play with the piping bag and not having to worry too much what the outcome looks like. But my god, the piping bag is a pain in arse to clean.

Then Thursday was Andy's birthday, so whilst he was at work, I whipped up a quick birthday cake using this recipe. It was my first attempt at a swiss roll, which involved going out and buying a baking tray especially.


Not the greatest photo but I think you can appreciate how it looks actually rolled up! I filled it with fresh cream, which spread surprisingly well on top of the fragile sponge. Then obviously it had to be turned into a caterpillar - just what every 26 year old wants!



And to finish, here's a photo of the birthday boy in his new Christmas jumper. He looks very fetching, don't you think?




3 comments:

  1. THAT CAKE IS AMAZING! Also, is that jumper from Topman? Aled totally picked it out for his Christmas list today if so....haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not topman, it's Tesco! Their clothes are pretty good, especially for work stuff.

      Delete
  2. Ooh this all looks yummy, so impressive that you were a GP :)

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete