Thursday 20 December 2012

Christmas Time, Mistletoe and Wine...

...Lots of wine. I've been quiet for a while because of just how hectic it is starting a new job and the pre-Christmas rush to get everything done in time. The joys of being a junior doctor means I am working the graveyard shift on Christmas Day (and the night before and for 5 nights afterwards, but hey, I'm only complaining a little...) so it'll be kept short this year by having to go to work at 6pm. Just in time, I imagine, to be greeted by the families who've had enough of each other and started fighting! Andy is also working nights over Christmas, he chose to do this so one of his colleagues who has a baby can spend it with her family. My boy has a heart of gold. And hopefully the good karma will come back to us when we have a family of our own!

Christmas tree in Salisbury Cathedral

We're in the middle of a relative tour to see everyone before the big day, so creativity has taken a bit of a back seat. But before we left I had a go at making some cake pops with a tin I got from here (very expensive but decent quality). I made one into a mini birthday cake for a friend.


The rest I made into Christmas puddings! They seemed to go down pretty well with my grandparents and parents.


I wish I had more time to bake and do fun crafty things, but sadly bills have to be paid and sick people have to be fixed. My parents are staying with us for Christmas Day itself - in part a sneaky way of ensuring I get my normal Christmas dinner and will still make it to work on time, so this coming weekend will be spent cleaning the flat and picking up the last few food items. If there's one place I hate, it's the supermarket at the weekend!


To end, here is me with the Snowman from the John Lewis advert - the highlight of a recent Christmas shopping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment